Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dreaded Journey Day 7-8


Dreaded Journey May 8, 2012
     It’s 34 minutes into my eighth day dreading. My hair is sectioning off rather nicely, despite the frizzies sticking out everywhere and trying to knot in odd places. I’m pulling apart as needed, doing a little TNR here and there. I just can’t keep my hands out of it, though I am pretty good about limiting the amount of time I spend looking for knots touching it in general. I have found a few beads around the house that I’ve slid onto various sections for a few hours at a time. I have one big knot in the back that will eventually form a pretty big dread. I’m excited about this one.
Last week I though I would leave my bangs separated from the hair that is dreading. Yesterday I realized this is a futile battle, my hair is stronger than me, and it will win. I don’t think I really mind. I’ll still have enough loose strands to satisfy my desire for a facial frame, and I will try to keep some of them loose, so all should be fine.
     I am trying so hard to be patient. I know one week will not equate one month overnight, and I know that it won’t take as long as I fear. I need to find other things to focus my energies on, whilst still directing them back at my hair. I am officially finished with school for the semester, so now I can begin to conquer house and yard. My To-Do list grows every day. I just need more money so I can actually accomplish these projects!!
That is all. G’d nite and Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment